New to Cyclocross? Learn how it works and how to participate below, or jump straight to the link and start your registration!
If you have never tried Cyclocross but always wanted to give it a shot, this could be your year! Catamount always has a supportive environment for those who are just getting introduced to the sport. Hungry for competition? Not to worry, test your skills against some of the best athletes. Either way the atmosphere is always welcoming and family-friendly.
What is Cyclocross?
For those new to the sport you may be asking ‘What is Cyclocross?’ Although cyclocross shares some aspects of both mountain biking and road racing, it is it’s own sport and you can expect some of the following features including; being on & off the bike, stepping over natural & artificial barriers, quick entry & exiting of corners, hard surfaces transitioning to soft, and negotiating tricky off-camber sections. Don’t let this intimidate you though. Cyclocross if fun!
The length of the course is 2.5-3.5 km and is designed for the skinny-tired cyclocross bike, not a full-suspension mountain bike (a regular mountain bike is tolerable, just expect more friction).
- Week 1: September 13th @5:30pm
- Week 2: September 20th @5:30pm
- Week 3: September 27th @5:30pm
- Week 4: October 4th @5:30pm
- Week 5: October 11th @5:30pm
- Week 6: October 18th @5:30pm
REGISTRATION OPTIONS for 2023 Series
- Full Series: $90
- Single Entries on BikeReg : $15 *Please note that registration online closes at 12:00pm on race days*
- Single Entries at Catamount’s Hub: $20 *Please note that registration closes 5:15pm on site on race nights*