Come join us for the National Trails Day celebration at Catamount! Discover the multitude of ways to enjoy the Catamount Community Forest year round! Learn what it takes to maintain a trail network; discover local plants & wildlife; join our County Forester on a walk to talk about the Forest Management Plan; become familiar with the local organizations supporting efforts at Catamount including Vermont Mountain Bike Association, and the Richard Tom Foundation; join a group bike ride or hike; eat some good food, and take your chance at an awesome raffle to support the year round trail maintenance on the Catamount Community Forest!
Food Trucks on site for the event:
- Twisted Halo
Join a group hike:
- 10am: join Gary Furlong (COFC Board Member) on a mellow, family friendly walk on the trails around Goose Hill. At the highest point of the walk you will be treated to a panoramic view of the Champlain Valley.
- 11am: join Penny Gibson (COFC Board Member) on a casual hike exploring the Northside of Catmount’s trail network!
- 12pm: join Andy, COFC Trail Manager, to learn about trail maintenance on the CCF
- 1-3pm: join Ethan Tapper, Chittenden County Forester, to learn about the Forest Management Plan on the Catamount Community Forest
Join a group bike ride:
- 10:30am: join the Richard Tom Foundation for a mellow group bike ride on beginner/ intermediate single track terrain out to the NW side of Catamount trail network!
- 11:30am: join Hans Buehler (COFC Board Member) on a moderate clockwise perimeter bike loop on the North side single and double track trails. This ride will start on the flat trails to warm up and then possibly climb to the Lookout on intermediate trails!
- 12:30pm: join Alan Cote (COFC Board Member) on this group ride to explore various single track trails on the North side of Catamount!
- 1:30pm: join Brad Johnson (COFC Board Member) on a cruise to Catamount’s Southside to explore Goose Hill’s beautiful fields, vistas, and more!
- 2:30pm: join Joe, VMBA‘s Event Coordinator, on a no drop ride to highlight the great trails at the Catamount Family center. We will align on a route based on the riders that sign up on-site.
Visit Booths throughout the day: Vermont Mountain Bike Association, Richard Tom Foundation, Trust for Public Lands, Lake Champlain Basin Program, Vermont Land Trust, Catamount Community Forest Committee, and more!
Discover the local furbearers that live in our forest; check out the display about ticks; learn about Leave No Trace ethics; and enjoy a Story Walk through the forest!
Suggested donation of $5 per person please.